Today, lets take a look at how to create water marble nails. Water marble nails are not something new, and for those who have not tried it, I will present a step by step tutorial on how to create your first ever water marble nails. Its fun and there is unlimited designs of this particular type of nails.
What do you need:
- 3 colors of nail polish
- top coat
- plastic cup with room temperature water
- vaseline (to apply on your fingers, more on vaseline below)
- Apply white color of nail polish as your base. It will help with color presentation at the later step.
- Apply generous amount of vaseline around your fingers. This step is for ease of cleaning once we finish inking fingers with water. A lot of us use scotch tape, taping around the finger; however, I find it that it is not as comfortable, and tape may not completely cover my fingers. Also by applying vaseline on fingers, it can provide for a layer of hands care.
- Prepare a plastic cup that is big enough that you can get your finger in. Fill the cup wither room temperature water
- Drop some nail polish into the water
- Form concentric circle with different colors of polish.
- A good tip here is that try not to pick a too big plastic cup. This is because one you drop a nail polish into the water, it will expand to the most outer circle of the cup, thus making it harder to form a good layer of circle.
- Use toothpick to make shapes of your choice. Be creative here!
- Position your finger to the water mark where you want your finger get inked
- Dip your finger into the water
- Wait until the polish on the surface of water dry up, then use a wooden stick or tree stick to clean up.
- You need to make sure the polish on the surface of water are all cleaned up before you take your finger out.
- Tip – blow to water to speed up drying the polish
- Take your finger out and clean around your finger
- Since vaseline was applied around on the finger early on, now, you don’t need to apply nail polish remover on your finger.
- And that’s it! Follow the simple steps, you can create your first ever cute water marble nails!
Related Posts to this article: